John Wesley recognized health as a state of spiritual, mental and physical well being.
The Wellness Ministries at Calvary UMC seek to offer opportunities and information that empower individuals to better care for themselves and others.
If you are a health professional or someone who simply has an interest in topics of wellness and healthy living and would be willing to share your ideas or partner with us, please contact Pastor Jen or the church office at 919-688-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Wellness Ministries at Calvary UMC:
- Wellness Volunteer Drivers
- Calvary is a loving family. From time to time each of us may need to go to a medical appointment, buy a health aid or glasses, or go to the dentist. Sometimes in those situations we need a ride. Some individuals from Calvary have volunteered to provide rides.
- Your health is important to our family.
- If you need a ride or would like to volunteer, please contact
Sally Schauman at 919 672-3015
- Food Distribution
- 1st Tuesday of every month. Food is distributed on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to sign-in and pick up your ticket when you arrive to secure your spot in line. Distribution begins when the food is dropped off around 3:30pm.
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Good Orderly Directions of NA. Meets every Friday night from 7pm-8:30pm in the Education Building. Each night has a different format. 1st friday topic discussion, 2nd friday book study, 3rd friday book study and 4th Friday candle light open discussion.
- Alcoholic Anonymous – meditation group