The work we do in worship each week is made so much richer when we all share our gifts together!
If you’re ready to assist in one or more of the following areas, please let Pastor Jen or the Church office know so we can all be blessed by the work you’d like to do.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Reading Scripture
- Lighting side candles & checking oil in the Altar candles
- Listening Deeper: This is an opportunity for you to share, in 3-5 minutes, how God has been at work in your life, in Calvary, in Durham, in NC or around the world, as we seek to listen deeper to what God is doing around us.
- Buying Communion Elements
- Helping Serve Communion
- Communion Setup and Cleanup
- Changing the Paraments
Matthew 25 Fund
– The first Sunday of every month, a special collection is taken up to assist our brothers and sisters in Christ who find themselves in need.
If you or someone you know is in need of financial assistance, please call the church office (919.688.7138) to schedule an appointment with Pastor Jen.
Helping on Community Garden Work Days
– Community Garden Work Days are held every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from 10:00am-2:00pm. We will build or prepare beds for planting, plant the garden, maintain the area, and clean up after plants have finished producing. You don’t have to be a “garden expert”. If you can handle a shovel, dig a hole, pull weeds, or water plants, etc., you’re “qualified” for garden work days.
Volunteer when you can. Volunteering to help on work days does not commit you to show up every time!
Donations for Urban Ministries
– Non-perishable food and gently used clothing or household items can be dropped off in the Sanctuary narthex (or entryway), at the corner of N. Elizabeth and E. Trinity Ave.