Calvary UMC is blessed to share our space with a number of other ministries and organizations. On any given day, here’s who you might find in the building:
- Durham Community Preschool
Durham Community Preschool is happily situated in the educational building of Calvary United Methodist Church. Our program offers part-time child care for the academic year, September to May, for children ages 6 months to 5 years. During the summer, we offer an optional seven week summer session. To learn more about them, check out their webpage at http://durhamcommunitypreschool.org/
- Restorative Justice meets every 3rd Wednesday at 9:30am and every third Thursday at 7:00pm in the Education Building.
- Hispanic Ministries – Food Distribution
Packaging: Pallets of food are dropped off at Calvary UMC the first Monday of each month around 2:00pm. Volunteers are always needed to help count & sort & carry the food for distribution.
Distribution: Boxes of food are distributed beginning at 3:00pm on the 1st Monday of each month. No appointment is necessary to receive food.
** If the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday, the distribution is canceled for that month.**
iNSIDEoUT is a youth-led organization that connects LGBTQ+ youth, Gay-Straight Alliances, and Queer-Straight Alliances in NC, by bringing them together. We organize collective projects and activism, provide a safe, supportive space, and run workshops and social events.
- G.O.D. NA Group meets every Friday night from 7pm-8:30pm in the Fellowship Hall of the Education Building.
- Night Time is the Right Time NA Group meets every Friday night from 9pm-10pm in the Fellowship Hall of the Education Building.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00pm in the Education Building.
- Meditation Group (Conscious Contact AA Group)
Meets every Saturday morning from 8:30-9:30am in the Parlor of Calvary’s Education Building. This is an open (AA) meeting to anyone and everyone. The 11th step of AA is practiced which deals with meditation and spirituality, hoping and striving for serenity.
- Unfailing Love Christian Church meets on Sundays at 10:00am and Wednesdays at 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall of the Education Building.
- Emmaus Way Church meets on Sundays at 4:40pm in the Fellowship Hall of the Education Building.